|Posted by [email protected] on October 10, 2013 at 6:00 PM|
Looking for more happiness in your life? Try this~
1. Help someone else less fortunate. The adage "I once complained I had no shoes until I met another that had no feet" still applies.
2. Watch your thoughts. Ernest Holmes, Founder of Science of Mind, taught us change your thinking, change your life.
3. Be still.
4. Journal. Write down your thoughts, feelings, ideas, plans, regrets, hurts, all of it. An amazing tool, know as The Morning Pages (I also like to call them The Mourning Pages) are the birth-child of Julia Cameron and are written by millions of people first thing every morning. Join them.
5. Let go of your clutter. Donate, re-gift, recycle, freecycle your unwanted stuff. One must let go to let in.
6. Get out of your own head. Listen, connect with others, help where needed. And help is needed everywhere. You need not look far.
7. Laugh. Go to a comedy improv show, pull up a funny comedy routine on itunes, ask a child to tell you their favorite joke.
8. Stop listening to and repeating your old stories. Stories of I'm too old. I'm too young. I'm not ready,. It's too late. I don't have enough. Enough money, time, experience, friends, support. Write a new story, now.
9. Take action. Move in the direction of your dreams, in the direction of your highest potential. What could you do today that in a year your higher self will thank you for?
10. Practice visualizing yourself as successful, happy and fulfilled. Feel what that feels like, get a really good sense of it and carry that feeling with you throughout the day. Share it with others. Make it real.